Salt is a SUPER-important topic for anyone who’s fasting or eating low-carb. Salt is also very important for overall health.
That’s why today I’m sharing a detailed book summary of The Salt Fix (by Dr. James DiNicolantonio).
This is really valuable info that not a lot of people know!
Take a listen. I think you’ll find it useful. 🙂
(For the pure audio version, just search “FastingWell” (all one word) on any podcast platform.)
- Intro to episode (0:00)
- Book introduction (2:24)
- Chapter 1 – But doesn’t salt cause high blood pressure? (4:31)
- Chapter 2 – We are salty folk (6:14)
- Chapter 3 – The war against salt, and how we demonized the wrong white crystal (8:04)
- Chapter 4 – What really causes heart disease? (15:13)
- Chapter 5 – We are starving inside (19:57)
- Chapter 6 – Crystal rehab: Using salt cravings to kick sugar addiction (23:49)
- Chapter 7 – How much salt do you really need? (28:13)
- Chapter 8 – The salt fix: give your body what it really needs (38:02)
- Epilogue & appendices (46:01)